We often want to download a WhatsApp video or image of other users, yet unaware of the method on how easily we can do it.
How to download WhatsApp Status from other users? It may be lot easier than we thought. Although, WhatsApp has no direct functionality to allow users to download the status videos, images or GIFs from other users. There are some easy tools which can help you download the WhatsApp status from other users.
In general, WhatsApp allows users to post their statuses as we do it on other social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram. Although, there are limitations on statuses on other platforms. There are no limitations in terms of type of content on WhatsApp status. The reason is that users are posting it exclusively to their friends. WhatsApp is not concerned with type of content here. However, there are limitations such as posting images, videos and GIFs only. It means that you cannot type in your status.
So, there are several instances when you want to download someone’s status. Yet, you are unaware on how to do it. Although, there is an easy option.
Process to Download WhatsApp Status
Therefore, this step-by-step guide will help you download status from other users:
- Download Google Files on Android smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Click on the Menu Icon at the top left corner in the Google Files App
- You should press the Settings Option under this Icon
- For some users, you may need to check settings and turn on the Show Hidden Files option in File Manager
- Here, you need to turn on the Toggle for “show hidden files” option
- At this point, you should proceed to the File Manager of your Smartphone
- The next step is to follow these steps for Internal Storage Option > WhatsApp> Media > Statuses
- Here, you can see all the WhatsApp statuses including images, GIFs or videos that you’ve already viewed.
- You should select the image, GIF or video that you want to download by pressing the file.
- Thus, you can download this image, GIF or video by simply putting your thumb or finger for a while on the screen and download it to any location you select. You must long press the file here.
The selection will appear in your phone’s section of files. You can view or share the files from here.