Google Classroom is a new product from Google offering education, teaching and learning tools for a variety of uses. As Google says, “Google Classroom is your all-in-one place for teaching and learning. Our easy-to-use and secure tool helps educators manage, measure, and enrich learning experiences.”
It is an interesting product which offers various inbuilt features from the world’s largest tech giant. Imagine, you don’t have to worry about checking plagiarism or student dodges? Google does it for you through its Classroom platform.
The features of Google Classroom include:
- It brings all the learning tools together and allows managing multiple classes in one central destination.
- Anyone in the school community can get up and running with Classroom in minutes.
- Work simultaneously in the same document with the whole class or connect face-to-face with Google Meet.
- Empower teaching and learning from anywhere, on any device, and gives more flexibility and mobility.
And as all tech giants offer free and paid versions.
Features of Google Classroom
The free service includes:
- Switch from class to assignment to student in just a few clicks
- Track student progress in your gradebook and export scores to your school’s student information system (SIS)
- Keep grading consistent and transparent with rubrics displayed alongside student work
- Store frequently used phrases in a customizable comment bank
- Prepare and schedule tasks, assignments, and quizzes across multiple classes
- Give students the ability to adjust accessibility settings so they can learn in the way that works best for them — even in multiple languages
- Keep everyone on track with student to-do and teacher to-review pages, and due dates that automatically appear on student calendars when classwork is created
- Upload coursework documents automatically as templates to give each student their own copy of an assignment when it is created
- Enable students to check their own work for recommended citations by scanning it against hundreds of billions of web pages and over 40 million books with originality reports
- Allow students to snap and submit a picture of their paper homework quickly and easily with improved image capturing
The paid edition also offers various new opportunities. For instance, you can scan student submissions for potential plagiarism against your domain’s repository of past student work. This feature is available with the Teaching and Learning Upgrade and Education Plus.
Its features include distance learning, research, and higher education, Google Workspace, Classroom Management and Google Cloud.